Shopping at Walmart has become even more convenient, thanks to the integration of Venmo as a payment option. Gone are the days of fumbling for your wallet or digging through your purse to find your card. With Venmo, all you need is your smartphone and the app installed. Let’s explore how you can use Venmo at Walmart, both in-store and online, and some additional tips to ensure a seamless experience.
Using Venmo In-Store
To pay with Venmo at Walmart in-store, you have two options: using the Venmo app or a Venmo credit or debit card. Let’s delve into both methods.
Paying with the Venmo App
Paying with the Venmo app is straightforward, and here’s how you can do it:
- Shop at Walmart as you usually would and proceed to the register.
- Ring up your items and reach the payment stage.
- Choose Venmo as your preferred payment option.
- Open the Venmo app on your phone and tap on “Scan” in the bottom left corner.
- A QR code will be displayed on the checkout screen at Walmart.
- Use the scanner in the Venmo app to scan the QR code.
- Once your payment is approved, you’ll receive a receipt if desired.
Paying with a Venmo Credit or Debit Card
If you prefer to use a Venmo credit or debit card, the process is as simple as using any other card. Just proceed with the checkout as you would normally. Additionally, if you prefer cash back, using a Venmo debit card allows you to withdraw money from your Venmo account at the point of purchase.
Using Venmo Online
Shopping on Walmart.com? You can still use Venmo to complete your purchase. Here’s how:
- Open the Venmo app on your smartphone.
- Access your settings by clicking the gear icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and click on “Enable mobile browsing.”
- Follow the prompts to connect Venmo to your phone’s browsing app (e.g., Safari for iPhone users).
- Once connected, choose the account from which you want your transactions processed.
- You can now shop on Walmart.com directly from your phone.
- During checkout, select Venmo as your preferred payment option and follow the prompts to complete your purchase.
Keep in mind that even if you have an active balance in your Venmo account, you may still need to link a bank account as a backup form of payment. This ensures a smooth transaction, especially if the amount exceeds your Venmo balance.
Troubleshooting Venmo Payments
Encountering issues with your Venmo payment? Here are a few steps recommended by Venmo:
- Ensure that your Venmo balance has sufficient funds to cover the transaction.
- Check if your linked bank account has enough balance to cover any additional costs beyond your Venmo balance.
- Verify if your bank has placed any holds on your account.
- If you’re using a Venmo credit or debit card, get in touch with the issuing bank (Bancorp) to resolve any possible card issues.
- If everything seems fine, consider trying the transaction at a later time or using an alternative payment method.
Other Stores Accepting Venmo
Walmart is not the only store that embraces Venmo as a payment option. Various popular retailers, such as Adidas, Amazon, Coach, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Home Depot, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Nike, Nordstrom, Samsung, The North Face, Under Armour, and Wayfair, also accept Venmo as a convenient means of payment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you get cash from Venmo at Walmart?
Yes, you can withdraw cash from your Venmo account at Walmart, but you will need a Venmo debit card.
Can you load money to Venmo at Walmart?
No, at present, there is no option to load money to your Venmo account at Walmart.
Can you add money to Venmo at Walmart?
Unfortunately, you cannot add money to your Venmo account at Walmart.
Can you use your Venmo balance instead of a card?
Absolutely! You can pay with your Venmo balance at Walmart even if you don’t have a Venmo card. However, make sure your Venmo account is linked to a valid bank account.
Using Venmo at Walmart opens up a world of convenience, allowing you to make purchases without the hassle of carrying a physical card. So, the next time you head to Walmart, don’t forget to bring your smartphone and make your shopping experience a breeze with Venmo.