What You Should Know About Dollar in MDW Airport, Illinois
Are you looking for a reliable and affordable car rental service? Look no further than Dollar. With Dollar, you can expect top-notch service, competitive prices, and a wide selection of vehicles to choose from. They also offer various optional equipment and loyalty programs that provide discounts and other benefits. Whether you’re planning a road trip or need a car for your everyday needs, Dollar is the perfect choice for a hassle-free experience.
Before you book a car with any company, it’s always a good idea to compare the available offers. Take the time to weigh the pros and cons of each deal. In order to make an informed decision, consider factors such as the company’s phone number, address, fuel policy, and pick-up options. Also, pay attention to the bonuses and advantages you can enjoy with Dollar. Doing your research will ensure that you get the best possible deal.
Key Information about Dollar Rent a Car at Chicago Midway, Illinois
Here’s a quick overview of what you need to know about Dollar at MDW Airport in the USA. Find out about the cheapest and most expensive car models, the lowest and average prices, as well as the popular car groups available for rent.
How Much Does It Cost to Rent a Car from Dollar at Chicago Midway Airport, Illinois?
On average, Dollar’s car rental prices at Chicago Midway Airport are around $58 per day and $308 per week. However, keep in mind that prices can range from $30 to $174 per day and from $161 to $925 per week. If you’re looking for more affordable options, consider renting mini, economy, or compact models. On the other hand, luxury or premium cars and passenger vans may cost more than the average rate.
To find the best deal, it’s essential to compare prices. Dollar car rental prices can vary depending on factors like insurance coverage, additional equipment, or extras included in the default price. Location is also a factor in price differences. Even within the same city, the cost of renting a car can vary between airport and downtown locations. Make sure you compare prices and take all additional charges into account, such as one-way fees and fees for drivers under 25. Insurance coverage and fuel costs should also be considered when calculating the total cost of your rental.
The Best Time to Rent a Car from Dollar at Chicago Midway, Illinois
The price of renting a car can also depend on the time of year and the car class you choose. During high season, when demand is high, rental rates tend to be higher. To find the best price, consider renting during a period of low demand. To help you plan your trip, we’ve created a simple chart that shows price fluctuations throughout the year. Use this chart to find the right time for your road journey to MDW Airport.
Things to Know About Dollar Car Rental Fees
When renting a car, it’s important to be aware of any additional fees that may apply. Here are some common extra fees that you may encounter when renting with Dollar and how to avoid them:
Additional Driver Fee
- Average cost: $15 per day
- What is it? Allowing unauthorized drivers to operate the rental car can result in additional charges if caught.
- How to avoid it? Book the additional driver option when making your reservation. However, keep in mind that a renter’s spouse or domestic partner may legally drive the car without authorization.
- Average cost: Depends on drop-off point
- What is it? Returning the car to a different location from where you picked it up incurs a one-way charge to cover the company’s expenses.
- How to avoid it? Select the same pick-up and drop-off location. Some companies may waive the one-way fee for certain destinations, such as traveling from Chicago Midway to the nearest city.
Late Return Fee
- Average cost: $50 – $125
- What is it? Returning the car late will result in late fees as compensation for the additional expenses incurred by the rental company.
- How to avoid it? Return the car on time and avoid exceeding the grace period, usually 30 minutes to 2 hours, during which the company won’t charge you any late fees.
- Average cost: Current fuel price + additional fee
- What is it? Depending on the fuel policy, returning the car without the required amount of fuel will result in an extra charge.
- How to avoid it? Carefully read Dollar’s fuel policy in Chicago Midway, IL, USA, and make sure to fill up the car to the required level before returning it. Plan ahead and find the nearest gas station in advance.
Under 25 Fee
- Average cost: $13 – $45 per day
- What is it? Drivers under the age of 25 are subject to an additional fee due to the increased risk associated with renting to inexperienced drivers.
- How to avoid it? Take advantage of AAA and USAA memberships or travel on a military/government order. Alternatively, you can choose an older driver as the main driver for your trip.
Cross Border Fee
- Average cost: Depends on the country
- What is it? Crossing the border and traveling to another country with a rental car incurs a cross-border fee that covers the necessary insurance for legal travel.
- How to avoid it? Avoid crossing the border and stay within the same country. Some countries may not allow cross-border travel with rental cars. Consider alternatives such as one-way trips.
Extra Mileage Fee
- Average cost: $0.25 – $0.49 per mile
- What is it? Exceeding the mileage limit set by the rental company results in an additional charge for breaking the agreement.
- How to avoid it? Choose deals with unlimited mileage, especially for long-distance trips. If you have limited mileage, plan your itinerary accordingly and avoid exceeding the daily quota.
- Average cost: $200 – $1000
- What is it? When an insured event occurs, you may be responsible for paying an excess fee, which represents your material liability. The remaining amount of the damage is covered by the insurer.
- How to avoid it? Consider purchasing additional coverage or an insurance plan with zero excess. Check if your credit card, Union/Trade Association, or a third party offers insurance coverage.
- Average cost: Usually free, but can range from $50 to the rental cost (depends on the time of cancellation)
- What is it? Canceling a car reservation may result in a cancellation fee. The fee is typically charged when canceling within 24 hours before the rental period begins.
- How to avoid it? If you haven’t prepaid for the reservation, no cancellation fees will apply. For prepaid bookings, check the terms and conditions for cancellation deadlines. Avoid being charged by canceling at least 48 hours before the scheduled pick-up date/time.
Child Seat Fee
- Average cost: $6.99 – $100
- What is it? Using a child seat provided by the rental company incurs a daily charge throughout your trip. In some cases, this fee may be higher than what you would pay to purchase a new seat.
- How to avoid it? Bring your own child seat from home or purchase one at your pick-up location from a store or thrift shop. Some rental locations may offer child seats for rent.
Dollar Car Rental Requirements at Chicago Midway MDW Airport
Before renting a car from Dollar, it’s important to meet their requirements. Here are the key requirements for renting a car from Dollar at Chicago Midway Airport, IL:
- Comply with the supplier’s age policy. The minimum age to rent a Dollar car in Chicago Midway, IL is 25. Customers between the ages of 21 and 24 may have additional charges and car class restrictions.
- Present a valid driver’s license in the chief renter’s name.
- Bring a printed booking confirmation voucher.
- Provide an acceptable payment method. While a credit card is preferred, some Dollar locations may accept debit cards. Review the company’s payment policy and ensure that your bank card has sufficient funds to cover the reservation and deposit.
Enjoy your journey and have a great time exploring Chicago Midway and its surroundings with a reliable car from Dollar!